Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Word Wednesday

 


Thru the trees

The sunlight peeks through the branches of the trees
falling across the rocky road I am traveling.
Light and shadow mix, mingle together.
This is life.

Sometimes the road is steep, causing my feet to ache
And mind to wonder if I can make it.
Sometimes the potholes in the road cause me to stumble.
Sometimes I twist an ankle on a rock I didn't see.

I find the same is true when someone says words causing my soul to ache
And I wonder if I can make it.
The problems that I can't easily fix cause me to lose my footing...confidence.
The pain of those I love dying, racism, polarization, pandemic, and persist problems twist my heart.

Amid the rockiness of the road, the beauty of light still shines through.
Moments of laughter.
Conversations that matter.
Soul stirring and causing goosebumps to race down my arm.
Heart warming toward the light of God's love.

The two mix and mingle together in the road of life.
The invitation is to name and notice God's grace in both the joy and difficulty.
The invitation is to see that growth happens both with sadness and smiles.
The invitation is to be open to the One whose presence persists in all times and places.

Help me O God to live the truth of these words this day...and walk down this rocky road of life with me, I pray.

Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer sentence 4

  I invite you to breathe in and slowly exhale.   I invite you to rest in the promise that you don’t have to earn or deserve your way to God...