Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Word Wednesday


Since I brought up music videos in the last post...I thought it would be good to share one so that we can all bask in the 80s nostalgia I am living in right now.  Plus, I really am compelled by the second stanza of "In Your Eyes" which goes:

Love, I don't like to see so much pain
So much wasted and this moment keeps slipping away
I get so tired of working so hard for our survival
I look to the time with you to keep me awake and alive
And all my instincts, they return
And the grand facade, so soon will burn
Without a noise, without my pride
I reach out from the inside

The first line is so heartfelt and honest.  I hear it as a prayer, "Love (or God or Creator or Spirit), I don't like to see so much pain."  I pray that every day.  "So much wasted and this moment keeps slipping away."  Yes!  There are days when that describes and defines what I am feeling.  "I get so tired of working so hard for our survival."  Wow...did Gabriel just write this last week?  "I look to the time with you to keep me awake and alive...amen...amen...amen!

I believe what Gabriel does here in this verse, in addition to writing a modern-day-psalm, is that he taking about prayer.  Prayer is that moment when we are awake and alive...when our instinct of who and whose we are returns...when we can cut away from the noise and pride...when I reach out from the inside.

I encourage you today to listen to this a few times as a prayer Gabriel is singing to us...offering you more than a trace of God's grace.

Blessings ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Sentences #5

  Sometimes it is good to rewind and review where we have been in the last week.   This is not an evaluation ~ there are no grades ~ just a ...