Saturday, June 3, 2017

Slow Savory Pace Part Three



Poem~Prayer:

The long, lanky blade of grass
       waved at me,
While the gray, white cloud-crowded sky
       muted-ly looked on.

Next to me, the man fixed his gaze on his phone
        while he fiddled with his radio.
Next to me, some a car zoomed past
        the sound of acceleration ringing in my ear
              and the blade of grass bent suddenly forward.

All around everyone was
      Racing
          Running
              Hurrying and Scurrying
                   Fleeing like the White Rabbit in Wonderland,
"I'm late...I'm late for a very important date."

What is important?
      Critical or crucial?
            Necessary and needed?
                  How do we discern, decided amid the din/dashing of life?


Late
    Behind
          Breathing heavy
    Frayed
Frazzled

Even bewildered by the complexity, perplexity of life...
But that blade of grass still waving at anyone who would notice.
As if to say and suggestion there is another bewilderment that can bless.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer of St. Francis

  As we are exploring Earth Week, it is holy to return to the prayer of St. Francis.   I encourage you slowly to read these words, especiall...