Saturday, May 20, 2017

Music for the Soul Part 3



It has been a blessing sharing a few of the songs that get on repeat both on my ipod and in my brain.  I really do believe that sharing music that has meaning is a great way to connect.  I also believe that hearing your experience with these piece is an incredible blessing.  The point, for me, is less, did I like it?  But more to listen deeply.  Our musical tastes are as different and distinctive as each of us are as individuals.  We are blessed to live in a time where it is so easy to share some of this music with you.  I grew up in the era of mix tapes and trying to catch/record a song off the radio.  I would sit for hours listening to, "Hot FM...the heartbeat of the heartland, WXYZ of Des Moines."  There was the thrill of actually recording the song...the agony when the tape stopped before the song did.  Sharing a mixed tape with another person, especially someone you had a crush on, was clearly a labor of love.  Trying to find just that right mix of songs to convey your feelings.  Now I can go to itunes or youtube and in under a minute have three songs picked out ready to post to the blog.  Where is the challenge in that?  ðŸ˜Š

I pray this piece is one you find meaningful.  It is a daily prayer for me...that I need God every hour and I want God to abide because otherwise life is in vain.  I also love Jadon Lavik simple style of singing...I feel it from the depth of his soul.  Feel free to sing along!  And may you sense more than a trace of God's grace in this moment.

Grace and peace ~~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Sentences #5

  Sometimes it is good to rewind and review where we have been in the last week.   This is not an evaluation ~ there are no grades ~ just a ...