Thursday, February 18, 2016

Lent 7: prayerful and intentional


Wait...wasn't this the post for yesterday?
Wait...this isn't some bad pun on the movie Groundhog's Day is it?

Because if God was then and there.
Because if God can be confined to the past, it means I can hold God at a distance,
Like a history book,
Like a quaint idea,
Like a something that happened

If God is here, God is happening!
God is not confined or defined, as some relic in a museum.
God is loose, like a elephant escaped from the zoo.
God is loose, free to start rumbling around...
Even rearranging all the furniture of my life...
And I don't want that chair to be put there.

If God is here, God is happening!
Not past tense, but present tense.
Present...
Here...
Happening around you and me.
Happening in you and me.
Happening here..for you and me, with you and me.

Can we let our lives get caught up in the present tense, happening God?
That might just be the most prayerful, playful question we can ask this Lent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tending Home

  As we explore Earth Week, honoring that from dust (earth/soil/mud) we are made and that we have a mixture of soil and star dust in our sou...