Friday, September 22, 2023

The Way-less Way Prayer

 


A prayer/poem today by Jon Sweeney and Mark Burrows ~

Here and Now

Everything hangs on the little word, here

And its sibling now;

But I often forget this; keeping busy with my plans,

Building for a future I cannot know;

And against worries I cannot finally tame,

And yet You/God wait for me to come home

To You now.  Now.  Now.  Here.

Now and here which is beyond the past and future.

And return to You’re here which is present before beginning

And beyond every ending.

Here and now with You.

May every hour, minute, second this day help open you to God with you here and now.  Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hymnal of our Soul Part 4

  Engaging with art means we have to slow down to allow a new experience to enter which perhaps cannot be accessed in another way. It can be...