Friday, April 17, 2020

Easter Reflection take Three


I think I'll soar...

Soar away toward the towering trees.

Soar away trying to touch the blue of the sky.

Soar away to look down at the world from a different view.

Can I soar above the fray of people's cynicism and brokenness?

Can I get away from the dis-ease of people passing along their pain through tweets that stir anger within me?

Can I find another place and space where compassion, rather than political back-patting, is the order of the day?

Can I discover a resurrection place where we welcome each person as formed and fashioned in God's image?

Can I make my home in a resurrection place where the least, lonely, and lost are not seen as lazy but part of God's beloved?

Can I say my mailing address is where creation is honored as God's first testament of truth?

Maybe such a dwelling isn't out there...
But in here.

Maybe where I need to soar isn't up, but down.  Down into the soul, the tomb/womb within, where I might discover and uncover the resurrection address is right here.

Is right now.

In all its butterfly beauty and brokenness.

Right now.

In all its ordinary bird on a car-ness and madness.

Right now in all the belief and disbelief we find ourselves.

For it is in the messiness of our lives that resurrection promise still is rolling back stones toward new life.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer of St. Francis

  As we are exploring Earth Week, it is holy to return to the prayer of St. Francis.   I encourage you slowly to read these words, especiall...