Friday, July 13, 2018

Just One More


At the risk of feeling like my parents when they would get out the old slide projector and show us hundreds of pictures of past vacations...I want to show you one more picture from my hike.

This one is near and dear to my heart because:
1.  I love rocks.
2.  I saw this rock initially by the side of the road at the start of my hike...almost picked it up and then didn't.
3.  Then saw it again at the end of my hike.

Life for me is like that.  Sometimes I have a stirring or murmuring or inkling to do something.  I might hesitate or talk myself out of it.  But as I continue on, my thoughts return to my initial idea.

Sometimes an idea needs time to marinate.
Sometimes, even if we try, we might not be able to find the idea again.
Sometimes, like the rock above, we get a second change.

Is there something in your life right now that you circle back to again and again?  Maybe it is a place you want to visit or a friend you want to call or an experience you long to have.  Or maybe the rock is something else. 

I hope this is another helpful metaphor that might provide more than a trace of God's grace and blessing right now and because I could not resist....

One last photo from my hike.




I really promise this is the last one. 😊

Grace and peace and blessings ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer sentence 4

  I invite you to breathe in and slowly exhale.   I invite you to rest in the promise that you don’t have to earn or deserve your way to God...