Friday, February 19, 2016

Lent: prayerful and intentional



Ok.  Fine.  I get.  God is here.
Can we move on now?
Let's talk about what is new and next and more exciting.
Let's talk about what a celebrity did, a political candidate said, something else.

Talking about God is here, happening...come on, blog poster, think of another idea.
We crave the rush of the latest and greatest.
We splash in the shallow end, satisfied with tidbits and tweets.
We gorge on post after post.

But if we dive deeper into Here...into the messiness of it all.
That maybe I don't have my life as put together as neatly as I appear.
Maybe I don't prayer as much.
Maybe I get angry...frustrated...fearful...doubt-filled.

No...don't go there...just watch another cute cat video.
To dare to dive deeper into Here...right now it all of its beautiful, creative, chaotic, messiness...
Wait...
Is that God stirring and swirling and sloshing around still creating, still singing, still speaking?
Maybe, I can stay here for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bread Crumb Prayer

  Bread and wine and water, O God, You always seem to find the holiness in the ordinary.   Not us, O God, we like the special and spectacula...