Friday, June 19, 2020

Friday Prayer


One who strangely warms my heart,
Who beckons me to draw near,
That I might find a blessing in You,
That I need every day.

Thank you for the ways that You see me into wholeness.
Thank you for an openness that receives my fruitless searches.
Thank you for a holy patience and persistence that waits,
While I fumble and stumble around.

Renew me with a strength for the living of these days.
Remind me of the ways I might speak Your truth in love.
Restore me to relationships that have gone astray.
Refresh me with a wholeness found in Your eyes.

Send me out to be a conduit of compassion.
Send me to the places and spaces where care is most needed.
Send me to the people who I hold in my heart.
Send me trusting that You go with me always.

Let Your presence be a companion...a compass...a constant care I need every hour of this day.

In Your boundless love hear my prayer.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bread Crumb Prayer

  Bread and wine and water, O God, You always seem to find the holiness in the ordinary.   Not us, O God, we like the special and spectacula...