Sunday, December 29, 2019

Wrapping Up: What Are You Seeing take One




I invite you this week to come up with your own invitation to breathe and be.  I encourage you to find words that will invite you to prayerfully ponder and gaze.  You could go back over the last weeks and find one of my invitations that you found meaningful.  I also hope over the weeks you have found your own way to cross the threshold into this practice of Visio Divina and you might start to speak your own words that center, calm, and call you into God's presence woven into every second.

So, breathe and be.




Reflection
I recently shared with you that I took over 1000 photos last summer and I narrowed those down to forty for this project. So, by the end of this week you will have seen 4% of my photos. Don't worry you will not have to see the other 960 photos that didn't make this devotional.

That is, unless you would like to!

This week, I will share some photos that have different shapes and I think can evoke lots of different responses.

There are no stories this week.

I want to share some interesting photos that I pray will spark a dialogue.  Remember, part of Visio Divina can be to engage this prayer practice with others where you can talk about what you are seeing, what she is seeing, and my favorite question, why?

The theme of this week is, what are you seeing?

The question is intentionally open-ended.
The question is prayerfully offered with the hope that you go in many different directions.
May your explorations both now and throughout every moment this week bring you more than a trace of God's grace, evoking within you hope, leading you with love, overflowing you with peace, and cultivating the joy of laughter in your prayerful pondering.

Blessings ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Friday Prayer

  Hear these words from Rev. Nadia Bolz-Weber: Richard Rohr once wrote that “Holiness never  feels like holiness, it just feels like you’r...