Monday, October 7, 2019

Soul-scapes - dawn


The stars hung between wispy clouds slowing covering them like a sheet,
And a small sliver of the moon shone through,
While the other three quarters of the lunar circle stood silently in the shadows.

In that pre-dawn moment, gazing at the soon-to-be gone night sky,
I was re-introduced to a part, piece of myself.

Like the moon that Thursday morning, I to have moments when I want to hide most of myself.
The shadows of my life creep and crawl and cover over my light.
Shadows of questions about being good enough.
Shadows of about the thing I said yesterday I now wish I hadn't.
Shadows of vulnerability that seem strange, out-of-place, in a world of power and privilege.

We love the light.
The strength.
The ways we let ourselves shine.
Its in our posts, tweets, and social media feeds of always wanting to "win" as if life was a zero-sum game.

Yet, the shadow-side, the three quarters side, the you - you tend to conceal and contain, that side is of God too.
It isn't either, or...it is always both/and. 
Both my moments of brilliance and boneheadedness. 
Both the light shining, streaming forth and the parts of me I'd rather keep tucked away.

Both are me.
And I thank that sliver of moon the other morning for reminding me.

Blessings ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer sentence 4

  I invite you to breathe in and slowly exhale.   I invite you to rest in the promise that you don’t have to earn or deserve your way to God...