Friday, July 5, 2019

Sitting at the Table


The last drips of coffee have crossed my lips...the last spoon of granola has too.  Outside a neighbor's noisy saw cuts and chops away at an overgrown bush, dropping branches on our side of the fence.  Our dog lets her protest be known by barking at how this is interrupting and disrupting her nap.  I wonder sitting here at the table, what today might hold?  What will unfold as the seconds slip past and minutes pile up making hours?

I know what is on my list...but I wonder if in the small spaces in-between the lines of my list...God might be move in mischievous ways?  I wonder if God beside me, here at the table, might pick up the pen and start to scratch out other priorities and tasks...like laughing, listening, being, breathing, staying open, noticing...along side vacuuming and washing the floor.  Is God's to-do list for me different than what I have written?  Or is God moving in the midst of every moment?

I love the quote that says God is the one whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is no where.  That is, wherever we are...there God is.  That the burning bushes can be encountered in our daily wanderings.

As I sit at the table this morning, I wonder as I wander around this day...how might I be open/awake/ aware of God? 

It is time to see.

May you and I be surreptitiously surprised by traces of God's grace today.

Grace and peace ~~   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentences to ponder

  Yesterday, I invited you to let the lingering prayer of letting go of our anger, annoyance, and agitation at others because they are not a...