Sunday, February 12, 2017

Feasting Part Three

“But woe to you who are rich,  for you have received your consolation. “Woe to you who are full now, for you will be hungry. “Woe to you who are laughing now, for you will mourn and weep. “Woe to you when all speak well of you, for that is what their ancestors did to the false prophets. Luke 6:24-26

God...I would rather Luke would not make me so uncomfortable.
I would rather get caught up in the blessings rather than these woes.
I would rather get caught up in my own self-righteousness,
Than that empty net Peter washed on the shore line after not catching anything.

Yet...this woe is not about guilt.
It is not about fingers wagging or frowns or smiting.
It is about caution...care...that my wealth can insulate me for the poor, lost and lowly.
It is strong words least I too easily dismiss that my full stomach is different than two-thirds of your beloved children.
It is passionate words least I too easily lean on my lorales and not reach out to those who struggle and feel weighed down by stress and strain.
It is said with the care of a parent who longs for me to choose a better way.

A way that is not paved with glitter and gold,
But a way that has twists and turns and takes me to places I may not want to go.
Yet, it is the pathway that offers the fullest, deepest, honest and heartfelt life.
A life that is drenched in light...love with all your people.

Grant me courage to keep traveling this road.
When I exit, getting caught in the weeds of wants
Remind me that too many people are in need.
Too many suffer.
There is many places I might be a blessing, if I turn from woes.

Thank God for wisdom and may it guide me every day.

Grace and peace ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Sentence #3

  This week, we are letting one sentence prayers from Justin McRoberts and Scott Erikson interrupt and inspire our lives in this art project...