Thursday, March 10, 2016

Lent: Prayerful and Intentional



The words of the hymns wash over me:
I've got peace like a river...
It is well with my soul...
Precious Lord take my hand...
This little light of mine...
Blessed be the tie that binds us to each other.

The words of the hymns stir within me:
Amazing grace is the sweetest sound,
there is a sweet sweet spirit in this place, (even with its imperfections),
in this very room there is quite enough love, peace, and power,

Take my life and let it be,
Take this moment and this day,
To be grounded in praise and the very promise of God.
To be lost in wonder and love.

For this day and for this chance to let my soul sing with all that is,
Let that prayer not sit within me, but find expression in my words, actions, and interactions.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning Meditation

  Creator God, You are a Genius at play.   You continually sink deep Your fingers into our lives and world; You continue to sing to our soul...