Sunday, March 8, 2015

Entering a new decade



Last week I turned 40.  I know in the grand scheme of life, this is still fairly young.  In fact, some of you may have items in your house that are 40 years old...I am looking at you polyester leisure suit and lime green blender.  You gotta admit they have withstood the test of time...okay maybe not the leisure suit.

Birthdays are moments for looking back.  I am nearing the halfway point in life.  That does not frighten me.  There are a few moments I wish I had a rewind button.  But for the most part, I am grateful that the experiences - good and bad - have made me who I am.  It is okay to be where you are in life, regardless of what others say.

Not to mention 40 is a biblical number.  Noah was in the ark for forty days.  Jesus fasted in the wilderness for 40 days.  The People of God in Exodus wandered around for forty years.  All of this tells me...it is going to be a rainy, hungry, and wandering year.  No wait!  It tells me there are possibilities for connect with God in real ways this year.

Birthdays are also moments for looking ahead.  I look forward to seeing what unfolds in the years to come. I am grateful for where I am now and trying to be open to God in the midst of that.

I pray no matter what age you are turning this year...God will bless you and keep you and grant you a holy year.

Many blessings and peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning Meditation ~ Earth Week

  One of my favorite authors is John O’Donohue.   I encourage you to read slowly this poem, prayer of his:   FOR A NEW BEGINNING   I...